Cloudinary is seeking a Director of Strategic Alliances to serve as a key member of the Business Development team and help execute strategic business development initiatives with leading technology companies. This person will also take part in building a large ecosystem of strategic and technological alliances, help refining Cloudinary's overall partnership strategy working closely with the product, engineering, marketing and sales teams. This position reports to the VP of BD.
- Use a systematic approach to establish deep relationships with strategic partners including understanding their strategy, key decision-makers, organizational structure, technology solutions, roadmaps and go-to-market focus.
- Understand the competitive landscape and identify strategic opportunities and threats.
- Maintain pipeline of new partnership opportunities designed to drive relevance, reach and revenue for our platform.
- Qualify, structure, negotiate, close, and manage strategic partnerships that will drive platform adoption, revenue, and customer acquisition.
- Work with product, engineering, marketing, and sales teams to evaluate, explore and execute strategic partnership opportunities.
- Maintain active relationships with Cloudinary’s key partners reinforcing our leadership position in the market, proactively addressing business issues and identifying ways to maximize value for both parties.
- Drive post-close engagement plans for success.
- 7+ years of experience working in technology in a business development or product management capacity at a market leading company.
- Ability to influence and build relationships with people across all levels and organizations internally and externally.
- Technical ability to understand software and recognize areas of product integration, discuss product roadmaps, and engage with product managers.
- Extensive industry contacts and ability to navigate technology landscape
- Technically savvy, experienced with the cloud, APIs, SaaS, PaaS. Working knowledge of web services technology and software development tools.
- Proven experience starting from scratch to develop, negotiate and structuring complex deals.
- Great at execution: results-driven, detail-oriented, organized self-starter.
- Creative, critical and solution-first thinker with client service mentality.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with an ability to speak effectively to business development leaders, executives, product managers and engineers.
- Can handle multiple projects and priorities in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
- MBA from top-tier school and technical undergraduate degrees preferred.