As the number of channels and devices continues to grow, it is becoming much more challenging to deliver an optimal visual experience. On an eCommerce site, engagement and conversions are critical. Factors such as page load time strongly influence search engine rankings, shopping experiences, conversion rates and, ultimately, your revenue. An optimized visual experience positively affects conversion rates. But it also can introduce resource bottlenecks, as every image and video needs to be delivered in the most efficient format, quality and resolution, based on the viewing device.
At Cloudinary, we are committed to supporting eCommerce companies. That is why we are now a Select Level Partner with Magento Commerce. The Magento Authorized Cloudinary Plugin, enables merchants on the Magento platform to quickly and easily enhance their media assets, including images and videos, and deliver improved shopping experiences across every device and browser.
In 2014, we launched the Magento 1 (M1) Cloudinary plugin with the goal of enhancing Magento image optimization. While this was a good start, we wanted to improve the plugin’s functionality with the launch of the Magento 2 (M2) Cloudinary plugin.
The Cloudinary image and video management plugin streamlines media management without disrupting the existing workflow.
- Get Up and Running in Minutes - Easily install and start using the Cloudinary plugin for free. With just a few lines of code, effortlessly migrate an entire media library to Cloudinary at once or move the media assets on demand.
- Improve the User Experience- Automatically deliver media assets in the most efficient format, quality and resolution based on the end user’s viewing device and browser.
- Enhance The Visual Appearance - Apply new transformations and effects to images and videos such as image and text overlays, rotations, modified shapes and artistic filters that suit your design goals.
- Video Support- Add product videos to the Cloudinary Media Library with support for transcoding and manipulation capabilities of the Cloudinary video solution.
- Engage Consumers with Targeted, Personalized Media: Dynamically manipulate images and videos with custom content based on user behavior, and deliver personalized media across various channels.
- Drive Sales with Visual Merchandising: Dynamically generate media assets for product viewers or overlay monograms and badges, such as “Sale,” or “Best Sellers” on top of original product images based on inventory information.
What’s next? Well, that’s for you to decide! Explore the Select Level Cloudinary plugin in the Magento Marketplace. In the near future, we will continue to add features to the already powerful M1 and M2 plugins. Stay tuned for next week's post where Inviqa will take a deep dive into the features of the M2 plugin.
- Dynamic media management for eCommerce
- Why a Dynamic Media Platform is a Must-Have for E-Commerce
- Remove photo backgrounds automatically with AI
- Top 10 jQuery sliders & how to create your own
- Adding image watermarks, credits, badges and text overlays to images
- Product gallery enabling a dynamic buyer experience equipped with 360 product viewer.
- Smart and automatic content-aware image cropping
- Magento image optimization
- Shopify image optimization
- Overlay text on an image