Cloudinary helps thousands of websites and mobile applications to manage billions of images and videos. Cloudinary is looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join engineering team and work with our billion data points generated on a daily basis. As a data engineer, you will be responsible for designing, expanding and optimising our data pipeline architecture for cross-functional teams. You will work closely with our software developers, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. As a data engineer, you will provide creative solutions for data related problems at scale by mixing in house and open source technology. You should be a Team player, quick learner, and have a “Can Do” approach.
- Create, automate, maintain and own the core company data pipeline, responsible for scaling up data processing flow to meet the rapid data growth at Cloudinary.
- Consistently evolve data model & data schema based on business and engineering needs.
- Identify incomplete data, improve quality of data, and integrate data from several data sources.
- Implement systems tracking data quality and consistency
- Develop tools supporting self-service data pipeline management (ETL)
- Work with stakeholders including Product, Data analytics, R&D teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data science team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Strong communication skills, empathy and initiative
- 3+ years of experience with server-side development
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering
- In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level systems language (Scala, Python, Java, Ruby etc)
- Strong analytical skills capable of solving tough problems.
We are hiring
Are you a fun, talented and experienced individual? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for cutting-edge technologies? if so, come join us! Check out our job openings.