Cloudinary is the leading provider of media management solutions, powering the trusted, award-winning visual experiences for many of your favorite brands. Cloudinary is the de facto media platform standard for developers and non-technical brand managers looking to upload, store, transform, manage, and deliver images and videos online. With more than 30 billion assets under our management and 6,500 customers worldwide, we’re always looking for exceptional people to help us reach for the cloud.
We are looking for an energised, brilliant and creative CDN Expert to join our R&D operations efforts and work on unique challenges of scale and complex functionality while keeping the product fast and simple to use.
About the role
As a member of the Core Delivery team you will help enhance, design, own and maintain Cloudinary’s image & video heavy-duty delivery pipeline.
- Build an infrastructure to support fast, reliable and scalable media delivery flows.
- Design and implement solutions on several major industry-leading CDN and Edge computing partners and providers.
- Become a knowledge center for web performance related matters.
- Take part in the ongoing efforts to enhance the scale and resilience of our highly-available system.
- Improve our delivery infrastructure to support the company’s on-going growth.
- A team player who enjoys working with others.
- Developing and delivering organised, tested and maintainable code.
- Like to solve problems, both through writing code and using existing tools and solutions.
- Passionate about new technologies and concepts which enables reaching product and engineering goals.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of web infrastructure & performance, CDN and edge technologies and providers.
- Comfortable learning and writing code in several technologies, mostly backend oriented.
- Leading end to end solutions from requirements to production.
- Become a focal point for the delivery infrastructure both internally and externally.
- Become an integral part of the team’s knowledge sharing cycle.
- Implementation of in-house solutions and integration with external services.
- Experiment with new tools, 3rd party libraries and frameworks.
- Get deeply involved with all aspects of running a successful SaaS startup. From customer focused product definition, to implementation and scalable deployment.
- 3+ years experience of web application design and development.
- Vast experience and strong understanding of web technologies and protocols, performance, infrastructure and architecture.
- Significant experience in leading and owning the delivery of complex features end-to-end.
- Hands-on experience with web development frameworks.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Experience in working with high scale, distributed cloud-based architectures.
- Hands-on significant experience with development and integration with several major CDN providers.
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails, Golang.
- DevOps and infra-oriented experience.
We are hiring
Are you a fun, talented and experienced individual? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for cutting-edge technologies? if so, come join us! Check out our job openings.