Cloudinary helps thousands of websites and mobile applications to manage billions of images and videos. We are looking for an energized, brilliant and creative senior backend engineer to join us and work on unique challenges of scale and complex functionality while keeping the product fast and simple to use.
About the role
As a member of the Media Manipulation team you will help enhance, design, own and maintain Cloudinary’s image & video processing pipeline.
- Implementing new and exciting transformation effects and optimizing existing ones.
- Integrating smart in-house AI and computer vision solutions.
- Implementing smart content generation solutions.
- Build an infrastructure to support fast, reliable and scalable video streaming
- Extending support for new and cutting edge formats
- Enhancing our 3D and Vector based processing capabilities
- Much much more...
- A team player who enjoys working with others
- Developing and delivering organized, tested and maintainable code
- Like to solve problems, both through writing code and using existing tools and solutions
- Passionate about new technologies and concepts which enables reaching product and engineering goals
- Comfortable leading feature’s development end-to-end
- Comfortable learning and writing code in Ruby
- Contribute to architecting, writing and maintaining the next generation of Cloudinary's image and video processing pipeline
- Become an integral part of the team’s knowledge sharing cycle
- Leading end to end solutions from requirements to production.
- Implementation of in-house solutions and integration with CTO services
- Experiment with new tools, 3rd party libraries and frameworks
- Develop new image & video related features using industry standard set of tools
- Get deeply involved with all aspects of running a successful SaaS startup. From customer focused product definition, to implementation and scalable deployment.
- 8+ years experience of application design and development
- Experience in leading and owning the delivery of complex features end-to-end
- Hands-on experience and strong understanding of web technologies and architecture
- Hands-on experience with web development frameworks (Rails, Django, etc)
- Hands-on experience with at least one system programming language (C, C++, Rust)
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Mathematical or Graphical background (a big plus)
- Hands-on experience with video processing software such as ffmpeg, VLC and the likes.
- Hands-on experience with image processing software such as ImageMagick, OpenCV and such.
- Experience in working with high scale, distributed cloud-based architectures
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience working in an early-stage startup company.
- DevOps and infra-oriented experience.
We are hiring
Are you a fun, talented and experienced individual? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for cutting-edge technologies? if so, come join us! Check out our job openings.