Cloudinary helps to manage billions of our customer's images and videos. We are looking for a Data Engineer that will be responsible for designing, expanding and optimising our data pipeline architecture for cross-functional teams, work closely with our software developers, data analysts, and data scientists. As a data engineer, you will provide creative solutions for data-related problems at scale by mixing in house and open source technology.
- Create, automate, maintain and own the core company data pipeline, responsible for scaling up data processing flow to meet the rapid data growth at Cloudinary.
- Consistently evolve data model & data schema based on business and engineering needs.
- Identify incomplete data, improve quality of data, and integrate data from several data sources.
- Implement systems tracking data quality and consistency
- Develop tools supporting self-service data pipeline management (ETL)
- Work with stakeholders including Product, Data analytics, R&D teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data science team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- 5 years of experience with server-side development
- 5 years of experience in data engineering
- In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level systems language (Scala, Python, Java, Ruby etc)
- Strong analytical skills capable of solving tough problems.
- Strong communication skills, empathy and initiative
We are hiring
Are you a fun, talented and experienced individual? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for cutting-edge technologies? if so, come join us! Check out our job openings.