Cloudinary helps thousands of websites and mobile applications to manage billions of images and videos. Cloudinary is looking for a savvy Data Engineer to join engineering team and work with our billion data points generated on a daily basis. As a data engineer, you will be responsible for designing, expanding and optimising our data pipeline architecture for cross-functional teams. You will work closely with our software developers, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. As a data engineer, you will provide creative solutions for data related problems at scale by mixing in house and open source technology. You should be a Team player, quick learner, and have a “Can Do” approach.
- Consistently evolve data model & data schema based on business and engineering needs.
- Identify incomplete data, improve quality of data, and integrate data from several data sources.
- Implement systems tracking data quality and consistency
- Develop tools supporting self-service data pipeline management (ETL)
- 3 years of experience with server-side development
- In-depth knowledge of in SQL
- Experience with Develop tools supporting self-service data pipeline management (ETL)
- Experience with Data Base modelling
- Strong communication skills, empathy and initiative
Nice to have:
- knowledge in systems language: Scala, Python, Java, Ruby etc
- Experience with large scale systems
- Experience in data engineering
We are hiring
Are you a fun, talented and experienced individual? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for cutting-edge technologies? if so, come join us! Check out our job openings.