Developer Resources for Managing Images, Videos & other Rich Media
This site is a carefully curated index of thousands of resources on a wide range of image, media, and web development topics, written by bloggers, developers, and technology experts which can help you make sense of image and media management on the visual web.
Images and video are a core component of websites, mobile apps, and our digital life. They improve user experience and deliver exciting content. At the same time, high quality images and video can be a major challenge for site owners and developers, who need to dynamically generate large volumes of images, store them, optimize them for quality and performance, and deliver them to users around the world in an instant!
Professionals in our space need a deep understanding of image and video formats, optimization, delivery, storage techniques, and best practices for media manipulation and adjustment for websites; this website will help us as a community achieve that.
Resources about using images, animation, and other types of media for content marketing, conversion optimization, social sharing, and other organizational use cases.
Resources about managing the quality, resolution, and performance of images delivered on web pages; with a focus on image CDN solutions.
Resources about tools and libraries used for image management including cloud-based image management tools, image management libraries, and Digital Asset Management (DAM) tools.
Resources about modern image formats, and best practices for image optimization, automated image compression, and image encoding.
Resources about automating image management tasks and operations, including:
- Image storage - upload, file transfer, backup and migration
- Image search and retrieval
- Image SEO and accessibility
- Image personalization
- Image security and privacy
- Image APIs, SDKs and scripting
- Image management in CMS systems - WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, SharePoint
- Image collections - galleries, sliders, carousels and more
Resources about automated image manipulation techniques, including:
- Image manipulation techniques - automatic cropping, merging images, dynamic image text, generating background images, and more.
- Image filters and effects - blurring, brightnmess, exposure, hue, noise, pixellation, and more.
- Responsive images - image sizing and resizing techniques, responsive color, and responsive breakpoints.
- Generating screenshots - screenshot automation, full page screenshots, generating screenshots in browsers.
- Face detection and object detection - face blurring, face cropping, face recognition, face detection, object detection in images, and more.
Resources about video delivery, video streaming technologies and servers, and using CDN to deliver video efficiently to geographically dispersed users.
Resources about working with video formats, and best practices for video transcoding and encoding for the web.
Resources about automating video management tasks for websites, including:
- Video upload
- Embedding video
- Video administration and organization
- Video search and retrieval
- Video SEO and accessibility
- Video analytics
- Video APIs and SDKs
- Video security and privacy
- Video collections and galleries
- Video storage - on-premise, cloud-based and hosted
Resources about automated video editing and automated video manipulation techniques, including:
- Automated video editing - cropping and trimming, closed captions, blending, motion compensation, looping, snippets, background images, scaling, and more.
- Video effects and filters - fade in and out, denoise, removing artifacts, adjusting gain, normalization, slow motion, watermarks, and more.
- Audio adjustments in video - adjusting audio level, resampling, replacing audio, auto-leveling, equalization, karaoke, and more.
- Responsive video - adjusting video to different screen sizes.
Still Managing Images and Video In-House?
- No labels