Organizations often go to great lengths to identify and select software solutions that deliver out-of-the-box features for most use cases. However, every company has unique needs, typically requiring customization to maximize the ROI of the software purchases. Customization, though, is a word avoided in polite circles because, in response, most people would lament that it “adds complexity, hence not worth the effort” and that it “requires ongoing support.”
Still, the value of customization is indisputable. So why are companies shying away from it? Three main reasons:
- Complexity. Not only is integrating business apps complicated, troubleshooting also tends to become knottier and knottier over time.
- Maintenance cost. Dedicated teams are required to “feed and nurture” customizations, raising costs and impacting the bottom line.
- Overall stability. More often than not, mission-critical customizations break during app updates.
Given the connection role of Digital Asset Management (DAM) as a core business tool for organizations, large and small, an ability to customize the tool is paramount for maximizing its value and effectiveness. The catch is that the customized components require a substantial investment to bring online and maintain--with no guaranteed shelf life.
Enter Cloudinary’s Apps for DAM, set to launch in early 2022 with one-click access to robust capabilities for creating and processing bulk assets that meet your organization's needs. The result is API-based and future-proof apps that can automate and streamline complex tasks, including asset transformation, multistep approval, and interactions with other business systems.
Access to DAM apps through the contextual menu makes it easy to supercharge workflows with assets.
Apps for DAM will be available to all Cloudinary DAM users, complete with a library of ready-to-use apps along with the ability to create bespoke apps. Here are the key features:
- Powerful customization capabilities. At your fingertips are options for crafting single-step or multistage asset processes.
- Nominal support. Being API-based, DAM apps are long lasting, requiring minimal or no maintenance.
- Seamless integration. The bundled apps take only one click to install, working as expected in contextual menus and within the action palette.
- App catalog. Various prebuilt apps are available for automation, sharing, publishing, and so forth. Be sure to check out the details on Cloudinary DAM.