In today’s Visual Web, images and videos, collectively called digital assets, catch the eyes of audiences much more readily than text, hence the predominant need to make digital assets engaging and compelling. Creating them is just the start, however. Other challenges are nontrivial and daunting, including the following:
- How and where to store assets
- How to ensure a single source and provide transparent edits for cross-team collaboration, which invariably involves a multitude of professionals: photographers, photojournalists, graphic artists, video producers, marketers, developers
- How to optimize assets for quality and performance
- How to load assets fast in multiple viewing devices worldwide
Undoubtedly, digital asset management (DAM) is an ongoing process that comprises numerous steps and that requires unique expertise and skills as well as seamless coordination. Hot off the press is Cloudinary’s Ultimate Digital Asset Management Guide, which takes you through the entire journey of implementing DAM. Specifically, the guide is broken out into six chapters to address each step:Cloudinary’s Ultimate DAM Guide: the Definitive Resource for Managing Digital Assets
What is Digital Asset Management? And why it matters for organizations.
- Explains the features and components of DAM, their evolution, and, through use cases, the benefits you can derive from a first-rate DAM solution that offers dynamic and automation capabilities.
The Evolution of Digital Asset Management Systems: On-Premise, Cloud, Dynamic
- Describes how DAM morphed from a niche media-storage tool to an organization-wide enabler over the past decade.
Media Asset Management and Enterprise Content Management: What’s the Difference?
- Delve into the difference between media-asset management and enterprise-content management and show you how to choose the solution that suits you.
What is the Role of a Digital Asset Manager?
- Introduces the critical position of digital asset manager and its responsibilities. DAM is not an IT project per se; rather, it’s one that requires dedication and meticulous orchestration at the outset, followed by continual vigilance and management.
Digital Asset Management Software: A Buyer’s Guide
- Delineates how to select DAM software by evaluating both the capabilities and the nonfunctional criteria, such as performance and security.
DAM Best Practices and Critical Success Factors
- Step through the process of planning, executing, and following up on a DAM implementation to ensure success; and elaborate on the related best practices.
Have a look. Not only will you find the content enlightening and instructive, it promises to serve as a useful long-term reference as you proceed to implement DAM and keep maintaining it as an essential initiative for your organization.
- Cloud-based digital asset management solution
- The Ultimate Digital Asset Management Guide
- Reimaging DAM: The next-generation solution for marketing & development
- A unified approach to DAM across the asset lifecycle
- How a cloud-native DAM optimizes customer experiences
- Rise above the noise with dynamic visual experiences
- Auto AI content recognition tagging in Cloudinary DAM
- Image fingerprinting identify similar images using pHash
- How to create attractive PDF thumbnails – for PDF cover page and internal pages
- An intuitive RESTful HTTP administrative API provides control to programmatically manage assets
- Learn how to leverage Cloudinary’s cloud-based API for applying effects on images to automatically blur faces using the pixelate effect