Automating the organization of your website’s media assets (images and videos) saves time and money, boosting the usefulness and lengthening the life span of those assets. Cloudinary’s artificial intelligence (AI) driven automatic tagging, transcription, and moderation capabilities ably and efficiently handle that automation for you—at scale.
Picture this: you are the CEO of a large international company in the travel sector, on par with Expedia, Trivago, Priceline, Airbnb, and such. On your content-creation team are many contributors of dynamite media assets. Some of those assets are generated internally by your creative team; the others, externally by partners and site visitors who leave reviews on their vacation spots. Your worldwide audiences speak many different languages. And, as a key promotional strategy, your marketing team regularly spotlights interviews of and contributions from customers and partners online.
That scenario brings forth numerous content-related issues, three of which stand out as being the most challenging:
- Organization. The sheer volume of content that pours in around the clock calls for timely and expert reviews, let alone meticulous organization that complies with your site template and design.
- Localization. Translating the related text to accommodate your multinational audience is paramount. Also, ensuring accuracy of the translation is a tough nut to crack.
- Moderation of reviews. As your company grows, manual reviews of all incoming content becomes labor-intensive and impracticable. How do you moderate it all?
AI and machine learning can perform these three tasks to help automate the day-to-day workflow of your media assets and solve the above challenges:
- Auto-tag media assets for ready retrieval and reuse.
- Localize the assets’ content.
- Deliver an engaging, well-moderated experience to your audience.
For each of the three problems, supplement your workflow tasks with AI, eliminating at least part of the manual load.
Content that is logically and seamlessly organized means that it’s at your fingertips, eminently searchable and reusable. To make that happen, tag the content.
By taking advantage of Cloudinary’s auto-tagging add-on solutions, such as Amazon Rekognition or Google Vision for images; and Microsoft Azure or Google Automatic Video Tagging for videos, you can generate AI-driven analyses as reference for tagging and organizing your content. Subsequently, search and retrieval of content according to the tags is a breeze. Furthermore, you can redirect your audience to similar content and suggest that your marketing team retrieve and spotlight content with, for example, the keyword “fun” or “beach.” The horizon opened up by meticulous organization as a result of intelligent tagging is endless.
Localization is a paramount issue, solving which would ensure that your digital media is usable by a worldwide audience.
Cloudinary’s video transcription tools automatically transcribe videos and place them in your Media Library on Cloudinary. Afterwards, you can edit the transcriptions for accuracy, translate them, and save them back into the Media Library, ready for use.
Plus, you can add subtitles to localize your media for your various global audiences, further customizing them to fit your brand and website.
It also makes sense to capitalize on the usefulness of tags for localization. You can translate tags by means of the Google Translation add-on in conjunction with any of the auto-tagging mechanisms to localize search and make available the search results to your global teams. The process is simple, intuitive, and fast.
Before tackling moderation, first identify your goal for the task.
Typically, you would want to eliminate adult content, which you can easily do with Cloudinary’s moderation tools. You should also moderate for high visual quality and on-brand assets so that your site is appealing, crisp, and free of superfluous content.
To accomplish that, you have two choices:
- Authorize Cloudinary to perform advanced analysis on your image uploads and programmatically filter out duplicate or low-quality content.
- Adopt the premium image-analysis feature in Cloudinary’s Digital Asset Management system for a seamless extraction of that content.
Auto-tagging media assets goes a long way in helping you manage them, opening many doors for you. For the two questions below, you can then answer the first one in detail and the second one with a resounding yes:
- What rich-media content do you have on hand?
- Can you reuse that content?
With those answers, you can—
- Easily pull digital media you already have and post them as stand-ins.
- Effortlessly locate media from your collection by searching with a few keywords.
- Recommend similar pages of importance to customers or enhance the search capabilities of your site through your tags.
Recall also how AI can generate transcription files and translated tags, ushering in a multitude of benefits:
- Studies have shown that people are accessing media from mobile phones more often than from desktops, hence frequently watching videos on mute. That means you must deliver the same value for your videos regardless of the playing device.
- With all that AI output, you can localize content, beef up your site’s accessibility, and expand outreach.
- To better support customers, you can enhance search capabilities by capitalizing on multilingual tags.
Finally, remember that moderating for a meaningful, outstanding user experience means more than filtering out adult content. You can also do the following:
- Leverage blurriness, grayscale, or illustration detection to achieve brand integrity.
- Delete duplicate images for a well-organized, orderly, intuitive, and easy-to-manage system.
- Further hone the images you retain, such as those of multiple faces, by grouping them according to family, predominant colors, and other significant criteria.
AI and machine learning are all about pruning repetitive or manual tasks. Do take advantage of those technologies and the related tools, in particular those from Cloudinary, to make well-founded decisions and optimize workflows, freeing up your teams to focus on the true business drivers.
- What is Digital Asset Management and Why It Matters for Organizations
- Reimaging DAM: The next-generation solution for marketing & development
- Digital Asset Collaboration be DAM’d
- Adding Structure to Your Asset Metadata
- Share Your DAM Assets!
- API for extracting semantic image data – colors, faces, Exif data and more
- The Evolution of Digital Asset Management Systems: On-Premise, Cloud, Dynamic
- Media Asset Management and Enterprise Content Management: What’s the Difference?
- Digital Asset Managers: What They Do and Why You Need One
- Digital Asset Management Software: A Buyer’s Guide
- DAM Best Practices and Critical Success Factors
- A unified approach to DAM across the asset lifecycle
- How a cloud-native DAM optimizes customer experiences
- Bringing the Digital Ecosystem Together with a DAM Platform
- Don’t let your digital assets become a liability!