Last updated: Feb-01-2024
Dimensions is currently in Beta. Changes in implementation details may occur prior to General Availability. We appreciate any feedback and suggestions. Feel free to reach out via the Intercom button on our website.
As a Beta product, Cloudinary users who use Dimensions should be aware that their current Cloudinary support plan does not apply to Dimensions.
Dimensions is a turnkey product for developers, designed to create and deliver engaging 3D immersive experiences while increasing content velocity.
With Dimensions, developers can implement the following functionalities at scale using an API:
- Generate and serve product image and video creatives derived from the product's 3D model.
- Enable consumers to explore products with an immersive 3D experience by generating and serving a 3D viewer widget.
- Enable consumers to explore products using an augmented reality immersive experience.
Content Managers can participate in the process of configuring the product creatives and the 3D experience generation process using a Graphical User Interface, which also allows them to moderate the results of the generated assets.
Starting with a 3D model of your product, you can use Dimensions to automatically generate images, videos, and 3D viewing experiences at scale to enhance your website and improve your customers' experience.
You can view the code for this demo website on GitHub.
Sign up to create your free Dimensions account.
Generate images, videos, and 3D viewers from 3D models, using either the UI or the API, as follows:
- Upload a 3D model from your device.
- Configure product data for the 3D model.
- Select which templates you want to use for generating images, videos, or 3D viewers from the model.
- Create assets for your product based on the templates selected.
Several sample templates are provided that you can edit, and you can also create new ones to generate different assets from your model.
- Include the Dimensions tag script to display images and videos on your website.
- Include the 3D Viewer script to display 3D models on your website.
- Either use special HTML attributes to display your assets on the page or use the tag's API.
Here's an example of a product gallery displaying each of the different types of assets, all generated from the same 3D model: