Cloudinary's Programmable Media is a software–as-a-service (SaaS) solution for managing all your web or mobile application’s media assets in the cloud. Your media assets are delivered from high-performance servers through Content Delivery Networks (CDNs).
You can use Cloudinary REST APIs directly or use one of the many client libraries (SDKs), which wrap the Cloudinary APIs and simplify integration with websites and mobile applications.
The Programmable Media solution offers many features and benefits for managing your media files in the cloud. Some of the main benefits to developers are:
- Eliminate media related R&D work from your IT and DevOps departments, and reduce your costs by up to 90%.
- Use one-liners from your choice of a variety of frontend, backend or mobile SDK libraries for easy integration within your development framework.
- Cutting edge media transformation features.
- Decrease the time to market of new products.
- Cloud-based Media Library and REST APIs for upload, delivery and administration.
- Improved user experience: your site looks great and loads fast on any device.
- Developer get started guide: Learn the steps involved and the questions you may need to consider at each step in order to successfully implement Cloudinary's Programmable Media capabilities in your application code, from initial account creation and setup, through to delivering transformed and optimized media in production.
- Service overview: Read about the service architecture, asset storage, security, available add-ons, and other details about how the service works at a high-level.