Last updated: Jan-25-2024
When using the
- an unsigned upload preset with the upload method options you want to apply for all files
- the file(s) to upload
- other unsigned upload parameters to apply to the selected files (e.g.
tags, if needed).
- Each of the upload options described above can also be performed as a signed upload, but in this case, an authentication signature must be generated on your backend server. This can be implemented in conjunction with one of Cloudinary's backend SDKs, which implement helpers to automatically generate the authentication signature for the upload.
- If you are using jQuery in your app, you can take advantage of the built-in upload functionality in Cloudinary's jQuery SDK. This solution uses HTML5 cross-origin resource sharing (CORS) and gracefully degrades to a seamless iframe based solution for older browsers.
- Code sample: Implement the upload widget.
- Glitch: Perform signed uploads from the browser by generating a signature on the server.