Last updated: Jan-29-2023
While using Cloudinary, all your images, videos, and other raw files are uploaded to Cloudinary. You can use our Media Library web interface to browse through and manage your uploaded media assets and generated transformations. In addition, you can use methods from the Upload and Admin APIs, which offer methods for managing, organizing, and creating media assets.
- Upload API methods can be used as needed.
Admin API methods are rate-limited.
You can view the number of hourly Admin API requests allowed by your Cloudinary plan in the Account page of your Console Settings.
In addition to the
upload method, this API includes methods for:
- renaming and permanetly deleting individual assets
- adding tags, contextual metadata and structured metadata to assets
- creating new assets such as text images, archives (zip or tgz), and sprites
- modifying existing assets.
A secure API with methods for managing and organizing your media assets, including:
- listing and restoring assets
- bulk asset deleting
- managing upload presets, upload mappings, transformations, and folders
- updating existing assets
- performing advanced searches on the assets in your product environment
generating a usage report
Upload API example - delete a single asset
The following PHP example uses the Upload API destroy method to delete the video with public ID
For more Upload API examples in PHP, select the
PHP tab in the Upload API reference.
Admin API example - get details of a single asset
The following PHP example uses the Admin API asset method to return details of the image with public ID
For more Admin API examples in PHP, select the
PHP tab in the Admin API reference.
- Get an overview of the PHP SDK, and the various configuration options.
- Learn more about uploading images and videos using the PHP SDK.
- See examples of powerful image and video transformations using PHP code
and see our image transformations and video transformation docs.
- See the PHP SDK Migration guide for more information on migrating to version 2 of the PHP SDK.
- Stay tuned for updates, tips and tutorials in Product Updates and Blog Posts.