Combine your new and existing assets to create auto-generated video slideshows. Build up your slideshows using videos and images and select how you want to transition between each.
Some examples of how you might use video slideshows include:
- Creating a personalized video of a user’s recent items.
- Creating a personalized video of items a user left in their shopping cart.
- Creating a daily sale video of different products automatically.
- Creating a real-estate video out of apartment images.
Each slideshow is comprised of a number of components:
- Template: Defined by Cloudinary specifically for video slideshows. Download the template and upload it to your Cloudinary account as a video file. In the future, template creation will be available to support additional use cases.
- Global settings: Settings to apply to the whole video, such as resolution, duration and frames per second.
- Global transformations: Transformations to apply post-production to the generated slideshow, see the Transformation URL API Reference for all available transformations.
- Slide settings: Settings to apply to all slides, such as:
- Slide duration
- Transition effect - see supported transitions
- Transition duration
- Individual slides: The media to include in the individual slides and any settings specific to that slide.
- You must have the template file (.clt) in your account for slideshow generation to work. Download the template and upload it to your account as a video file. The public ID, including the folder structure, is used as part of the slideshow URL.
- If the configured duration is less than the combined total duration of the individual videos and transitions, the video will be cut short.
Videos are created using the following URL syntax:
The URL syntax is designed to allow the slideshow settings to be constructed as a URL instead of a data structure. The characters used are defined as:
(- Start of list or object (key/value list)
)- End of list or object
;- Separator between values in list or object
_- Key/value separator in a object
Additional syntax is used to signify the beginning of the relevant components:
fn_render- Signals the beginning of the transformation as a whole.
vars- Signals the beginning of the slide settings data structure.
HTTP 423error will be returned whilst the final slideshow is generated. Refresh your browser after several seconds or minutes to see the result.
|w||Required. The width of the slideshow in pixels.|
|h||Required. The height of the slideshow in pixels.|
|du||The duration of the slideshow in seconds. Default:
|fps||The frames per second of the slideshow. Default:
|vars_||Signals the start of the slide settings.|
||The transition to use for all slides. Default:
|sdur||The duration for all slides in milliseconds. Default:
|tdur||The duration for all transitions in milliseconds. Default:
|slides_||The slides to appear in the video. See Individual slide settings.|
||The type of media. Specify images as
|type_s||The slide type. Set to
|transition_s||The transition to use from the individual slide to the next. Default:
|sdur||The slide duration in milliseconds. Default:
|tdur||The transition duration in milliseconds. Default: